Microsoft today released the final stable build of Windows 11. Microsoft has already announced that it will be a free upgrade for those currently using Windows 10, however, to run Windows 11, your system needs to meet some basic requirements, such as Intel 8th gen or AMD Zen 2 and CPUs Newer mainframe, 4GB memory, etc. The update will be rolling out in stages, but you can still install it and in this tutorial, I will discuss all these ways to upgrade to Windows 11 for free and without any waiting.
Read also | How to quickly reset Windows 11 without losing files
Upgrade your PC to Windows 11 for free
Windows 11 is a gradual release that will be released to eligible devices by mid-2022. You can follow one of these methods mentioned to upgrade to Windows 11 without waiting.
See also | 3 ways to install Windows 11 on an unsupported computer
Before we go any further, you should again check if your system already supports Windows 11 update. According to the company, it will only work with compatible 64-bit processors, at least 4GB RAM, 64GB storage, and UEFI boot Safe, and TPM 2.0. You can use the PC Health Check app to check if your PC qualifies for the free upgrade.
Noticeable: Before installing Windows 11, be sure to save your data and back up your computer.
1. Check for update and download
The first method is very straightforward. You can upgrade to Windows 11 by manually checking for update on your computer. First of all, make sure that your Windows 10 PC is running 2004 or later, and that the September, 2021 or later Service Update has been installed.
In order to check if the update is available for your specific device by:
1. Open Settings on your computer and go to Update & Security.
2. Now click on “Windows Update” and then select “Check for Updates”.
If your device meets all the requirements, you will see the Windows 11 update and the option to download and install. You can simply select “download and install”.
However, as mentioned above, you may have to wait for this update on your computer.
2. Download the installation assistant
Another option to upgrade to Windows is to use the Microsoft Windows 11 Installation Assistant which downloads the update to your device and you can start the installation. Here’s how to download this tool and install the update:
1. Visit the Microsoft Windows 11 download page.
2. Here, you will see “Windows 11 Installation Assistant” as the first option.
3. Click the Download button below it to download the tool.
Once you download the tool, run it on your computer. Follow the onscreen instructions and the Windows 11 update will be downloaded and installed on your computer.
Your PC will restart and you will be on Windows 11. But, not all users will be able to install it on their PC either.
3. Make a bootable Windows 11 USB disk
So if you want Windows 11 on a new PC, or later reinstall it on your PC, you can create a Windows 11 bootable USB drive. Microsoft offers this option using its media creation tool to create a bootable USB. Let’s find out how it works!
First of all, make sure you have an active internet connection, enough storage on your computer, and at least an 8GB USB drive to create a bootable disk. You must use a blank USB because its data will be deleted during installation.
1. After downloading the Microsoft Media Creation Tool, open it or run it as administrator.
2. Click “Accept” and on the next page, select “Create installation media for another computer”, then click “Next”.
4. Select the language and version of Windows and click “Next”.
5. Now, on the next page, select the media you want to use – USB drive or ISO file.
- If you choose File usb flash drive, Plug in a blank USB flash drive (minimum 8 GB) and click Next.
Now, the Windows 11 setup will start downloading to the USB drive.
When you create the installation setup on the USB drive, you will see the message “USB flash drive is ready”, click “Finish” and remove it from the computer.
Now, here’s how to use that flash drive to install the Windows 11 update on any supported PC:
1. Connect the USB flash drive to this computer.
2. Now, restart your computer and it will open up Windows 11 installation setup.
3. Start by selecting your language, time, and keyboard preferences, then click Next.
4. Now, select “Install Windows”.
If your computer does not automatically boot to USB media, you will need to manually open a boot menu using your computer’s BIOS settings. To open a boot menu, you will need to press a key (such as F2, F12, Delete, or Esc, depending on the model) immediately after turning on the computer.
Then, you can follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
4. Download Windows 11 ISO
You can also download the Windows 11 ISO file to your computer and then using a DVD burner and following the instructions, burn it to create a bootable Windows 11 DVD or USB and install it. Follow the steps below to download the ISO and install setup:
1. Download the Windows 11 ISO file from here or from the above step.
2. Now, right click on the ISO file and select “Properties”.
3. Under the General tab, click on Change next to Open With and select Windows Explorer from the list and then Apply.
If you want to use a third-party DVD burner, you can right-click on the ISO file and choose Open With After that, select that program from the list.
Choose some additional options including select boot, and select ISO from the list. Click “Start” and this will enable burning and your flash device will be ready.
You can also install Windows 11 directly from an ISO file without using a flash drive. For this, you will need to install it on your computer. In order to download the ISO file:
1. Navigate to the downloaded ISO file, right-click it, and then click Properties.
2. On the General tab, click on Change and select Windows Explorer and Apply.
3. Now, right-click on the ISO file and select “Install”.
4. This will create a bootable virtual disk on your computer, and open it to view the files. a
5. Here double-click the setup.exe file to install Windows 11 setup.
Next, follow the onscreen instructions to complete the setup. Your computer will restart and run on Windows 11.
These were the ways to download Windows 11 update and upgrade your eligible PC. Tell us in the comments what method you used to upgrade to Windows 11!
Read also | 7 ways to make Windows 11 faster and improve performance
Announced back in June, Windows offers a streamlined design and user experience, a center Start menu, new tools like Snap layouts, desktops, and a new, more intuitive re-storage experience. To learn more features of Windows 11, click here.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News Or for tips and tricks, smartphone and gadget reviews, join Tools for using Telegram Group, or subscribe to the latest videos GadgetsToUse YouTube Channel.