Have you ever wondered how Facebook automatically tags you when you or your friend uploads a photo of you? Facebook has been using this facial recognition technology for a very long time. By default, facial recognition is enabled for all users to help it scan the photos and videos you’ve posted. If you want to prevent Facebook from doing this automatically, follow this guide on “How to delete your face data on Facebook and turn off facial recognition”.
Read also | 11 Hidden Facebook Settings You Should Enable Right Now
Turn off face recognition from Facebook and delete your face data
Facebook scans and identifies you by creating a profile digital fingerprint From your face from posts that you have uploaded to your account. This helps Facebook to automatically tag you in photos and videos. But, if you are not sure about giving your face data to Facebook, here is how to turn it off.
1. Turn off facial recognition using your phone
If you are using your mobile phone now and want to disable the facial recognition feature in Facebook, then follow these simple steps:
- Open the Facebook app on your smartphone.
- Click on List of three bars in the upper right corner of the screen.
- sought Settings and privacy and press Settings
- Scroll down to File So Click and tap Face recognition
- Click on “Do you want Facebook to be able to recognize you in photos and videos?
- check the No
disable this will Delete all facial recognition data from Facebook servers.
2. Turn Off Face Recognition Using Desktop (Windows 10, Mac, Linux, Chromium)
If you are on your desktop now and would like to disable the same feature, follow these simple steps:
- Visit Facebook on your browser and log in to your account.
- Click on down arrow in the upper right corner and click Settings and privacy.
- Click settings.
- In the right part of the screen, locate Face recognition and click on it.
- Click release In front of “Do you want Facebook to be able to recognize you in photos and videos?”
- Click on the dropdown button and select No and click shutdown button To validate the changes.
This way you can disable Facebook’s facial recognition and delete your face data from Facebook’s servers. Facebook will no longer offer suggestions to automatically tag you in photos and people will have to tag you manually by searching for your name.
If this article helped you, don’t forget to share it with your friends. Stay tuned for more of these how-to articles.
Read also | How to check ads shown to you on Facebook on Android and iOS
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News Or for tips and tricks, smartphone and gadget reviews, join Tools for using Telegram Group Or for the latest videos review subscribe GadgetsToUse YouTube Channel.