Today laptop is an important part of our life. From working 9 to 5 to binge-watching an entire Netflix show, the use of such devices is of great importance in our routine. But in this never-ending cycle of use, our laptops eventually get slower and start lagging behind the tasks we want to do. In this article, you will learn the top 5 ways you can speed up your old system.
Read also | Two ways to check laptop battery health in Windows 11
Top 5 Ways to Speed Up Your Old Laptop/PC
Uninstall unwanted programs from your system
The first and most important step to give your system a significant speed boost is to uninstall unnecessary programs. This unnecessary program consumes critical system resources like computing and storage power making the system slow to use for the current running task. You can do that by following these simple steps.
- Play file control Board in your system.
- Click Uninstall a program under the program title.
- Navigate and search for unnecessary programs found here and uninstall With them.
Restrict startups to speed up your laptop
Startup processes are those programs that start running automatically as soon as your system boots up. Too many startups will slow down the execution of the rest of the programs as system resources will be busy starting programs that are set to run after boot. You can easily set the programs you want to run as a start by following these simple steps.
- Press this key combination Ctrl + Shift + Esc together to launch the task manager.
- Click on start tab, here you can see the list of programs running on startups based on their impact.
- To disable running a program at startup, Right click on this program and click Champions.
Perform disk cleanup
Disk cleaning is another effective way to increase the speed of your slow system. Disk Cleanup helps free up space occupied by temporary files, offline thumbnails, and web data that accumulate on the disk in a period of time. To perform a disk cleanup, follow these simple steps.
- Open ‘This computer / computer.
- Right click On the drive on which you want to perform Disk Cleanup.
- Click Properties.
- At the bottom right, tap Disk cleanup.
- The Disk Clean up utility will display the amount of space that will be freed after data is deleted.
- check the Required check boxes and click Yes.
Upgrade to Solid State Drive (SSD) and increase system speed
This method involves changing your existing storage devices to a better one. Traditional hard drives are much slower than modern solid state drives that provide speeds up to 50 times faster than a hard drive. There are two ways you can install an SSD in your system.
- Replace the hard drive with an SSD.
- Copy the hard drive to an SSD and use a hard disk for storage with a caddy drive.
Read also | Samsung T5 Portable SSD launched starting at just Rs. 13500 in India
Save more RAM for your system to speed up
This is another effective method that involves upgrading your existing hardware by making more RAM available. Adding more RAM to your system will ensure that your system Handles all tasks effectively while multitasking. There are plenty of high-performance RAM options available from reputable companies like Pirate, Kingston and even WD Elements. You can choose one as per your requirements and budget.
So, in this article, you have come to know the top 5 ways you can speed up your old laptop or PC and bring out the best of it. If this article helped you achieve the same, don’t forget to hit the like button and share it with your friends. As always, stay tuned for more articles like this one.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News Or for tips and tricks, smartphone and gadget reviews, join Tools for using Telegram Group Or for the latest videos review subscribe GadgetsToUse YouTube Channel.