Do you often run out of data because your phone automatically updates its apps? Don’t worry anymore, we heard you. Today, in this article you will learn Two ways to stop apps from automatically updating on Android. With the help of these methods, you will be able to control and restrict updates for every app on your Android device.
Read also | 5 Reasons Why Android Software Updates Fail
Stop apps from automatically updating on Android
Turn off automatic app updates using the Google Play Store
You can turn off automatic updates for your Android device using a file Google Playstore app. To do this, follow these simple steps.
- Open Google Play Store The app on your Android device.
- Click on a file Profile picture for the account icon.
- Open settings.
- tap on Network Preferences.
- Expand Network Preferences and click Auto update apps.
- Choose Do not update apps automatically and click Done.
our end. You have successfully disabled automatic app updates on your Android phone.
Turn off app updates by disabling them using ADB
Your Android device often comes preloaded with certain apps that cannot be removed. These applications are called bloatware. Bloatware apps consume more of your data by refreshing themselves in the background. Thus, consuming more of your valuable data costs you more money. Use this method ADB (Android Debug Bridge) To remove these apps and any updates associated with them. Follow these simple steps to achieve the same.
- For this process, you need to Install ADB drivers in your system and enable USB debugging.
- Connect your phone to the system and Open command line for adb devices.
- Type ‘adb shell pm disable-user –user 0
where the latter is the application package name.
- You can find the package name for your app using “Application inspector The app is from the Google Playstore.
- An example of such a command to remove an app is called Mi recycling Will be ‘adb shell pm disable user – user 0 com.xiaomi.mirecycle“.
That’s it. You have successfully disabled the app and all updates associated with it.
In this article, you have learned two ways through which you can easily disable automatic app updates for your Android phone. If this 2 minute read has helped you achieve the same, hit the Like button and stay tuned for more amazing articles like this one.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News Or for tips and tricks, smartphone and gadget reviews, join Tools for using Telegram Group, or subscribe to the latest videos GadgetsToUse YouTube Channel.